What is the International Alasdair Gray Research Network?
This is a newly launched, international database of folk interested in Alasdair Gray Studies from all over the world. In the coming months, I will be seeking to draw together those who have expressed an interest in a number of ongoing, related projects, with the aim of helping Gray scholars from all over find each other more easily, share work and ideas more easily too. I’d also like to reach as many new people as possible – all those with an interest in Alasdair Gray’s various works across space and form. I hope the Research Network will include artists, writers, academics, critics, curators, theatre makers, teachers, as well as people associated with various cultural events, festivals and organizations, across borders, cultures and languages.
If you want to be on the database, just contact me either through this site or via my Edge Hill email address (email@example.com) with the following:
- Your name
- The nature of your interest in Gray
- Any relevant specialisms (e.g. portraiture, murals, Scottish Literature, fiction, non-fiction)
- Affiliation (e.g. if you are employed by an academic institution, or are associated with a gallery, library, school, museum etc.)
- Contact details
- A confirmation that you are happy for these details to appear on a future website for the Research Network
Once I have a record of all the above, I’ll be happy to add you to my magic list.
The Research Network has the long-term ambition of becoming a critical hub for all things Gray, though at the moment the focus is on several interlinked projects These are:
- Making Imagined Things: The 2nd International Alasdair Gray Conference, Glasgow, 10-11th June, 2021
- Making Imagined Things: a planned book of critical, creative and personal responses to Alasdair Gray’s visual artworks (murals, portraits, landscapes, sketches, illustrations, posters, etc.)
- Making Imagined Things: a planned series of events, workshops and discussions in a variety of contexts over the next few years
There will soon be a dedicated website for the Research Network, also for Making Imagined Things in all its forms. But until then, I’ll be using my own site to post updates and information. If you’re interested, reach out. The more diverse we are, the stronger we’ll be.
Cheers for now,
Rodge, July 2019
Follow us @ImaginedMaking & @rodgeglass